Crowns & Bridges
A full coverage crown is a restorative option designed to protect the entire structure of a tooth. Crowns are designed and made to look and feel like natural teeth.
Dental crowns are durable and strong, and it is highly likely they will last you many years without replacement or further treatment.
Some common reasons why your tooth may need a crown are:
- When the strength of the tooth is compromised. For instance, when there is a large filling in the tooth resulting in deflection and stresses on the remaining tooth structure as the filling expands and contracts due to biting forces.
- A root canal treated tooth, which causes the tooth to become dry, brittle, and prone to fracture and discolouration.
- Fractured or cracked tooth that requires a crown to hold it together to prevent further tooth loss.
A bridge is a fixed appliance, it is an excellent option when a tooth is missing and there is a space/gap with teeth on either side.
This gap/space can be closed by placing a crown on the teeth. The restorative product is made by a laboratory, which connects the two prepared teeth, effectively joining all three teeth together. This will close the gap to increase biting function, stop movement of adjacent teeth, provide better aesthetics and improve self-confidence.
You may need dental bridges to:
- Fill the gaps of missing teeth
- Maintain proper facial shape
- Prevent the adjacent teeth of the gap from drifting out of position
- Upgrade from a removable partial denture to a fixed one
Premium-quality Tooth Restorations at West Ryde Dental Clinic
At West Ryde Dental Clinic, all our crown and bridgework is 100% made in Australia using TGA approved products, providing our patients with confidence and quality assurance. We have the experience and skills to perform advanced dental techniques required to provide excellent crown and bridgework that will look great on your smile and last for many years to come.
Book your crowns and bridges consultation in West Ryde today!