When playing any contact sports, wearing protective gear is crucial, as contact sports can make you prone to mouth and head injuries.
One of the protective devices you need to wear is a mouthguard. Without wearing a well-fitted and comfortable mouthguard, you can get dental injuries such as:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Fractured crowns or bridgework
- Root damage to the teeth
- Lip and cheek injuries
- Fractured jaws
At West Ryde Dental Clinic, we provide custom mouthguards, which are more efficient in protecting your smile than store-bought mouthguards.
Why Choose Custom Mouthguards?
Studies show that boil-and-bite or stock mouthguards are less effective compared to professionally made and fitted mouthguards and can actually cause more harm than good.
The Australian Dental association recommends customised mouthguards for any person who is playing contact sports such as boxing or rugby, in which sustaining injury is always possible. If you are into basketball, volleyball, softball, soccer, or wrestling, you should visit your dentist and consider getting custom-mouthguards. If you are under orthodontic treatment, wearing a mouthguard is even more crucial.
Custom mouthguards are extremely comfortable to wear. They help prevent injuries to teeth, soft tissues, gums, and even concussion injuries. Because the mouthguard is custom-made to fit your teeth, the fabrication will take up to a week and can be made with your preferred colour or clear if you wish it to be less noticeable.
Additional Benefits of Custom Mouthguards
Mouthguards that are provided by your dentist offer many advantages such as:
- Help get rid of your fear of dental injuries
- Feel safe and sound while playing your favourite sports
- Help individuals who are suffering from teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Absorb the impact of a blow to the lower jaw
- Reduce the risk of cuts and bruises inside and out of your mouth
How Custom Mouth Guards Are Constructed
- Made from superbly flexible and strong material
- Made from highly durable material
- Moulded to fit around your teeth in order to protect them as well as the soft spots in your mouth
- Designed to help protect your jaw and neck
Choose Custom Mouthguards in West Ryde
Custom mouthguards provides the best fit, comfort, and protection. Your dentist at West Ryde Dental Clinic will use the impression of your teeth to create custom-mouthguards. Our mouthguards are constructed from high-quality materials and are your ideal buddy for your active lifestyle.