Mother’s Day, May 12, is rapidly approaching. And you may not have a gift for your Mom.
Worse, your Mom may already have all the usual “Mom stuff”.
This might leave you wondering what you can do to show your Mom your appreciation for all she has done?
For a gift that keeps giving, how about getting Mom something that will help her keep her teeth shiny and her oral health optimised?
Just in time for Mother’s Day, West Ryde Dental Clinic has a list of dental gift ideas for your Mother!
#1 Waterpik Flosser
Moms are so busy that it’s a miracle they can find time to maintain their dental health. Help your Mom make flossing a fast, easy and even fun task with a Water Flosser.
These flossers use jets of water to floss with the touch of a button. This gift cuts flossing time in half and is great for Moms who either don’t like flossing or lack the dexterity to do it effectively.
#2 New toothbrushes without the hassle!
Give the gift of a new toothbrush (manual or electric toothbrushes) just as Mom’s old one is giving out.
And have them shipped directly to Mom’s door! One option for this is GoodMouth, a company that not only sends replacement toothbrushes to your Mom but also donates dental products to people in need.
Give the gift of oral health and do a good deed for the needy!
#3 For the gadget-loving Mom, a Bluetooth toothbrush
If your Mom likes gadgets, she might like to trade in her old toothbrush for a Bluetooth-enabled model. These are available online for less than one hundred dollars.
Mom can connect her brush to her smartphone to improve her brushing technique.
The Bluetooth brush also has different settings, such as ones for extra gum stimulation or enhanced whitening.
Another cool feature is a sensor that lights up if Mom brushes too hard, which can damage teeth and gums.
#4 Gifts for expecting or new Moms
Women who are awaiting the arrival of a child, as well as recent moms, should expect less sleep, which can negatively impact bone tissue health and regeneration.
This can decrease overall health while harming gums and teeth. This increases the need for specific vitamins and minerals, including calcium and magnesium.
Calcium helps build and maintain teeth and bones, and magnesium is necessary for calcium to move throughout the body. Magnesium also supports restful sleep and reduces teeth grinding (bruxism).
Consider a gift of vitamins and minerals or a basket of skin-care products containing absorbable magnesium.
#5 A dental emergency kit
Travelling Moms, or ones that work near or with children, would appreciate a dental emergency kit. You can purchase dental emergency kits online, or you can build your own.
If you go DIY, we suggest including:
- Gauze. Gauze is useful for many things, including applying medication or stopping bleeding.
- Saline solution. Rinses out blood or other substances. Available at pharmacies or grocery stores.
- Ice packs. These are handy for numbing pain and reducing swelling.
- Dental wax. Mom can use it to avoid irritation from a chipped tooth or even to temporarily replace a lost tooth filling.
- Save-a-Tooth system. The Save-a-Tooth system lengthens the amount of time you have to get a knocked-out tooth to your dentist.
- Topical pain reliever. To numb a painful tooth, we suggest clove oil, Orajel or Anbesol.
- OTC pain medication. Ibuprofen or acetaminophen helps minimise pain.
#6 The gift of a stunning smile!
As your Mom ages, her teeth will likely darken or stain. This can be detrimental to confidence, social status, and even treatment in the workplace.
If your Mom’s teeth have become a little dingy, why not give her the gift of whiter teeth?
The dentists at West Ryde Dental Clinic are experts in teeth whitening procedures, and we offer chairside (Zoom) and take-home whitening options.
Zoom! Teeth Whitening
- Usually requires one visit of 1 to 2 hours
- Mom’s lips and gums are protected, and only her teeth are exposed
- A whitening gel and Zoom light is used to break up discolouration and stains
- Great for a quick, in-office treatment
Take-home Whitening System
- The dentist takes impressions of your Mom’s teeth
- The moulds are used to make custom fitted trays which will be used to hold the whitening gel
- Your dentist provides instructions about the trays
- Great for the Mom who wants treatment in the comfort and convenience of his own home
The West Ryde Dental Clinic Advantage
At West Ryde Dental Clinic, our treatments and service are 100% personalised to you and your needs.
Our dentists are highly motivated and accredited practitioners with graduate degrees from the University of Sydney.
Alongside our dentists, the supporting staff at West Ryde Dental Clinic are tremendously dedicated and experienced to ensure that each visit with us is as pleasant as possible.
Our Teeth Whitening Promotions
Philips Zoom whitening in-chair for $600 only!
Call us on (02) 9809 7000 or book your appointment online TODAY!
We are located at Shop 20 West Ryde Marketplace, 14 Anthony Road in West Ryde.