Children’s Dental Emergencies
Children’s Dental Emergencies West Ryde
If your child encounters an emergency, it is crucial to stay calm and act quickly. Visit the nearest emergency room or call your emergency dentist in West Ryde.
Here are some of the most common dental emergencies experienced by children and how to handle them.
- Gargle with warm water
- Check the teeth to make sure nothing is stuck between them, and if you see a foreign object, use a clean finger to remove it (Brushing or flossing also helps)
- Do not apply medication or heat directly on the affected area
- Use a cold compress to reduce pain or swelling
- See the dentist right away
- Check if the wire is still attached to the bracket. If it’s attached, leave it in place. However, if it is sticking out, press it gently back into position with a cotton swab.
- Use orthodontic wax to secure the broken bracket in place until you can visit a dental clinic.
- If the bracket has come loose, you can gently remove it and bring it with you to your dentist.
Bitten Lip or Tongue
- If your child accidentally bites their lip or tongue and causes the area to bleed, clean it with clean water
- Use a cold compress to control bleeding and swelling
- Go to the dentist immediately
- Rinse mouth with warm water
- Place a cold compress against the affected area
- If you can, collect the tooth fragments – Pick the tooth by the crown (biting surface of the tooth) and NOT the root
- Head to the nearest dental clinic
- Locate the tooth immediately. Hold the tooth by crown and avoid touching the roots.
- Remove any dirt or debris on the tooth. Don’t ever scrub or scrape the tooth.
- If you can’t reinsert the tooth, soak it in a container with salt-water solution or milk.
- In the case of adults and older children, the tooth should be re-implanted into its original socket if possible.
- For younger children, the parent can store the tooth in the container with saliva or milk to rule out choking risk and damage to the growing adult tooth underneath.
- Visit your dentist within 30 minutes of the injury.
- If your child sustains a broken jaw, apply a cold compress to alleviate pain and swelling.
- Rush to the nearest dental clinic or emergency room as this a serious dental injury.
Dental Emergency Services for Children in West Ryde
West Ryde Dental Clinic is a kid-friendly emergency dentist in West Ryde, which provides responsive and comprehensive urgent care for your child’s emergency. If your child experiences any form of dental emergency, our team is here to help and will do everything possible to save your child’s smile.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will continue in 2020
In the news:
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has applauded announcement by the Turnbull Government and its Health Minister, Greg Hunt, to reinstate the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) cap to $1,000.
“The Minister for Health, the Hon Greg Hunt … advised the ADA that a number of changes to the CDBS have been finalised and will take effect on 1 January 2020.”
Bulk Bill for children who are eligible for MEDICARE CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE
Up to $1000 worth of dental treatments over two years
Children’s Dental Emergencies in West Ryde
We are committed to providing emergency patients with quality same-day care.
Upon your arrival, we will quickly diagnose your condition and offer the best course of action to save your tooth or repair the damaged tissue.
Our clinic is open from Mondays to Fridays to cater to your dental needs, whether it’s an emergency or not.
Same-day Dental Emergency Appointment Available in West Ryde!
Visit us at Shop 20 West Ryde Marketplace 14 Anthony Road in West Ryde.