A simple chip or crack on your tooth can affect the overall appearance of your smile as well as the health of your teeth. In addition, stained or discoloured teeth can ruin the beauty of your pearly whites.
If you face some or all of these issues, you might be a good candidate for tooth bonding. Bonding is a cosmetic and restorative dental procedure that is used to make improvements to the aesthetics of your teeth.
Dental bonding is a fast, easy, and cost-efficient procedure that is ideal for minor aesthetic problems on your teeth.
Problems Fixed By Dental Bonding
Bonding can be an excellent treatment for the following dental problems:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Unevenly sized teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- Tooth decay
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth affected by receding gums
- The cosmetic dentist or general dentist will determine the colour and shade of your teeth in order to pick the composite resin that will naturally blend with the rest of your teeth.
- During tooth preparation the tooth is prepared for the treatment by roughening the surfaces and applying a liquid conditioner to it.
- Once the tooth is ready, the dentist applies the composite resin to the affected tooth and cures it using a special ultraviolet light.
- To complete the treatment, the dentist will shape and polish the resin for a perfect fit and natural appearance.
Are You A Good Candidate?
To determine if you are an ideal candidate for bonding treatment, the dentist will first examine the condition of your teeth. Dental bonding is a great option for patients who have minor aesthetic flaws that affect their front teeth.
Fixing minor dental problems such as cracked or discoloured teeth can drastically change the looks of your smile, as teeth appear to be straighter, uniform, and healthier.
On the other hand, if you have a major aesthetic issue, dental bonding may not be the right option for you. Your dentist may recommend other procedures that can best address your dental problem.
Book Your Tooth Bonding Appointment at West Ryde Dental Clinic
If you are interested in how dental bonding can help you, visit your trusted West Ryde dentist at West Ryde Dental Clinic today! Dental bonding is a less-invasive and more affordable alternative to crowns and veneers. It also involves minimal alteration to your original teeth while making your smile more attractive than before.
Give us a call to book your cosmetic consultation, at which we can discuss what you would like to have done, what options you have, and then put a treatment plan together for you.