Toothache or Dental Pain
Pain is a sign that something is not going right inside your body. This is also true in the case of a painful tooth or any areas in your mouth that cause pain.
Toothache is one of the most common dental emergencies and one we deal with regularly at West Ryde Dental Clinic. Once the pain becomes unbearable, you can’t focus on things you are currently doing. Toothache can directly affect your performance at school or work.
Although toothache is a common cause for dental pain, pain sources cannot always be easily identified, as there are many possible causes. Your emergency dentist West Ryde Dental Clinic will determine the reason for your pain and provide the most suitable treatment for the dental problem.
Causes of Toothache Pain
- Tooth decay
- Fractured tooth
- Damaged dental fillings
- Grinding and clenching of teeth
- Abscessed teeth
- Infected gums
- Receding gums
There are also other conditions that, while not affecting the pulp of the tooth, still result in some level of pain.
- Sore gums from erupting teeth
- Mouth ulcers that developed along the gums
- Jaw pain that result from trauma or injuries
- Sinus inflammation
First Aid for Toothache
- Clean the area by gently flossing, brushing, and rinsing.
- If there is any debris trapped on teeth, rinse vigorously with warm salt-water solution.
- DO NOT place aspirin on your gums, as this will cause a chemical burn.
- Take pain medications to help relieve pain symptoms.
- Put a few drops of clove oil in small piece of cotton and put this on the aching tooth. Gently bite down to secure the cotton in place.
- Apply cold compresses outside your mouth against the affected area to reduce pain and swelling.
- Decrease pressure in the area of toothache by keeping your head elevated in bed.
- See your dentist immediately, especially if none of the remedies work to reduce the extreme pain.
Emergency Dentist for Toothache and Dental Pain in West Ryde
If you are in pain, whether it’s a toothache or other parts in your mouth that hurt, call your emergency dentist at West Ryde Dental Clinic for a same-day emergency appointment.
Your Trusted Emergency Dentist in West Ryde
If you are in pain, call as soon as possible for an emergency appointment. Your West Ryde Dental Clinic dentists can address almost all types of dental emergencies. We are a skilled and responsive team ready to do everything possible to help you smile again.
Our clinic is open from Mondays to Fridays to cater to your dental needs, whether it’s an emergency or not.
Same-day Emergency Appointment Guaranteed!