Soft Tissue Injuries in the Mouth
Your mouth’s soft tissues are composed of your cheeks, lips, tongue, and gums. When these areas are injured, they can bleed easily as they contain a large number of blood vessels.
Soft tissue trauma can be caused by facial or oral injury. If your or your loved one sustains this type of injury, call your emergency dentist in West Ryde for prompt treatment.
West Ryde Dental provides same-day appointment for dental emergency cases such as soft tissue injuries in the mouth.
How To Stop the Bleeding
- Rinse mouth with mild saline (salt-water) solution or an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Get a tea bag or moistened gauze to apply pressure to the injured site. Hold in place for about 15-20 minutes.
- Use ice or cold compresses to alleviate pain, reduce swelling, and control bleeding.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop despite the pressure being applied, see your dentist as soon as possible or head to the nearest emergency room.
- Continue to apply pressure until you can be treated.
Treatment for Soft Injury Trauma
Early treatment is crucial in order to prevent a much worse emergency. Your dentist will scrupulously examine and diagnose the injury to determine the range of damage and any potential problems. Dentists can assess oral symptoms for proper diagnosis.
Injured soft tissue in the mouth is prone to infection. To prevent this, the dentist will thoroughly clean the injured site and remove any debris in the area. The dentist will carry out the necessary procedure before closing the injury with dissolving sutures.
Same-Day Emergency Response at West Ryde Dental Clinic
When you make an appointment, one of our doctors or nurses may ask you questions over the phone about the pain or injury you have sustained, so we can best prepare for your appointment and allocate sufficient time for your treatment.
We are committed to providing emergency patients with quality same-day care. Upon your arrival, we will quickly diagnose your condition and offer the best course of action to save your tooth or repair the damaged tissue.
Your Trusted Emergency Dentist in West Ryde
Our clinic is open from Mondays to Fridays to cater to your dental needs, whether it’s an emergency or not.
Same-day Emergency Appointment Guaranteed!